Sue Raftery PhD – CEO AgTech Innovation Center
Sue is a graduate of The Ohio State University, College of Agriculture, Food, and Environmental Sciences with a Masters and PhD in Agricultural Economics & Rural Sociology with over 20 years of experience in successfully leading economic and community development projects, including over 15 years of elearning start- up and management. As a pioneer in online/digital learning, Sue (a corporate intrapreneur) successfully led teams for the start-up and accreditation of three major online universities.
Between 2009 and 2013, Dr. Raftery visited five countries (Australia, Canada, UK, Netherlands, and Belgium) where there were either controlled environment growing operations and/or renewable fuels installations under consideration for inclusion into AgTech Innovation Center’s industry focused applied research and hands-on, skills-based training. This information would be integrated with her experience in creating a research park at a major urban research university – to create the first applied research and training park focused on the food-energy-water nexus.
Dr. Raftery’s extensive network of controlled environment professionals from the U.S., Canada, and the Netherlands continue to be her sounding board on innovation and best practices in controlled environment agriculture growing systems (hydroponics, aeroponics, vertical agriculture, indoor/container growing, aquaponics, and aquaculture0. Her AgTech Innovation Center network of global consultants and colleagues have over 150+ years combined experience in commercial controlled environment agriculture operations, including start-ups, inputs, business models, product diversification, and marketing strategies.
Online Learning Experience
- 30 years’ experience in adult learning and workforce/technical education
- 12 years’ experience in post-secondary education administration
- Project leader to designing, developing and launching three for-profit universities
- 20 years’ experience in online/digital/digital enabled simulation learning course development, and has personally taught over 2500 students, globally
- Trained over 450 online instructors/faculty members
- Led online learning projects for online learning globally to UAE, China, Tibet, Africa, and EU